I am reluctantly selling my M3 [WBSAK0307K2198117], brilliant red with black interior. The car was destined to be a track car, but before it was torn down, my fiancé secretly bought it, had it rebuilt to stock, and gave it to me for our wedding. Unfortunately, since then I have had little time/money to finish the restoration. Here are some highlights:
- New bottom up engine rebuild withall new BMW factory parts (approx 8k miles on engine), 1st oversize pistons, E36 M3 chain tensioner, plenum & valve cover powder coated, injectors cleaned and mapped. Engine runs excellent.
- Car repainted with all ancillary body parts (bumper covers, wing, etc) and drivetrain removed
- New BMW OEM grilles, headlights, side marker lights, turn signal lights
- New clutch kit, master and slave cylinder, and hoses
- New BMW OEM windshield
- New Bilstein shocks/struts
- New engine & transmission mounts, flex disc, shock mounts, PS hoses, O2 sensor
- Redline trans and diff oil, Mobil1 15W50 engine oil
- Original tan interior replaced with excellent condition black interior (purchased from E30M3 SIG member). Only one small tear in driver seat bolster.
- Chassis has 309k miles, but is very clean, no rust or body damage, car not driven in winters and always garaged.
- Will include custom-fit Bavarian Auto car cover
- Transmission shifts fine, but rattles a little in neutral w/ clutch engaged. I bought a low-mileage replacement tranny from a SIG member ~2005, but never installed. I will include with the car
- Passed NJ mechanical and emissions inspection in 2010
Some issues that I never got around to finishing:
- ABS does not work (damaged wheel speed sensor wires, maybe needs control unit)
- Tach and water temp gages erratic when cold, probably needs SI board/battery replacement.
- No radio
- AC is original and not working.
- Probably needs rear sub-frame mounts
- OEM size tires have <50% tread
- Brake pads/rotors have <50%life
- Fog lights not installed, need repair/replacement
Pictures of the car that I took last year can be seen in the following link. I also pulled a Carfax and will send if interested.
I’m asking $15,500 or best reasonable offer, which includes car, spare tranny and car cover. Car is located in New Jersey (about 50 miles northwest of NYC).
Please reply if you have questions or would like additional information.
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Vinny