Originally Posted by Justin(OKC)
I have never heard of a stereo not accepting the correct code. One thing that I have noticed happening is that typically after a battery disconnect, folks make a series of unsuccessful attempts at reinitiating the stereo using the incorrect code. The stereo, after I believe 5 unsuccessful attempts using incorrect code, will lock itself and would not accept even the correct code unless you reset it. The reset procedure is quite simple. The stereo needs to be left on for a minimum of 60 minutes. Your car doesn't necessarily need to be on for the period but you need the key turned to position I and the stereo turned on for it to work. After 60 minutes, try entering the correct code and it will accept it and become functional. This happened to me on my M Tech II stereo and I was lucky not to have replaced it. As for the volume knob, what I have done in the past with quite a bit of success is to remove the knob top portion (the black circle) to expose the potentiometer that acts as the volume control unit and spray your favorite perfume or cologne (essentially something with a bit of alcohol in it, I used my favorite Dolce & Gabbana Men's Fragrance) directly into the unit while turning the volume all the way to the right and then back to the left. Follow this procedure a few times and don't be afraid to go generous on your perfume of choice. Make sure the stereo is turned off during this procedure and allow it to remain off for at least 1 hour before turning it back on only to find out that the horrendous screech sound is gone and how much ass your 20 year old stereo can still kick. Good luck gentlemen.
Last edited by Freude Am Fahren; 10-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Reason: Because I cannot spell and it angers me
The God's chariot... (OO====OO)